Vaccinated rabbit with Myxy

Our pet rabbit, which has been vaccinated has contracted myxy. I have taken it to the vets several times and have been given pain killers and antibiotics for any secondary infection. However this doesn't seem to have reduced the swelling on my rabbit's eye (picture attached).
I'm not sure what to do whether to have the rabbit put down. He is still eating well and is lively and behaves normally. However I don't know how much pain he is in.
The vet has said that he may survive, but others have told me I should have him put down. I wondered if anyone could give me some advice to help make that decision.
Many thanks, Jane

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Rabbit Forum.

Do you want your rabbit to live a full life?

Avoid rabbit illnesses & problems

Keep vets costs down?

'12 Top Ways to Keep your Rabbit Healthy, Well & Contented'

Click here

Enter Your E-mail Address to subscribe to our 'Rabbit News' Newsletter/e-zine
Enter Your First Name
Then

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Rabbit News.